November 11, 2020
Managing horticultural landscapes and house plants in November is important to healthy production during the growing season. Below are a few recommendations for Chouteau County gardeners.
• Apply protective mulches to perennial beds.
• Use a humidifier to maintain humidity for houseplants.
• Prune out dead limbs of woody ornamentals.
• Do not fertilize or transplant anything after Columbus Day.
• Continue to water landscape plantings (trees, shrubs, and perennials) until the soil freezes.
• Apply winter mulch to strawberry beds as soon as the ground freezes.
• Collect sc...