Senior Center News
December 20, 2017
The senior wants to remind everyone that they will be Closed December 25. Merry Christmas!
Menus for the week:
Thursday, December 21, Cheese burger Soup, salad and dessert.
Friday, December 22, Smorgas Board
Tuesday, December 26, Prime Rib sandwich with Mushrooms and Fried onions, tots and dessert.
Wednesday, December 27, Garlic Pork, Fried Potatoes, veggie and salad.
Holiday Recipe this week is “Sugar Coated Pecans”
• 1 egg white
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 pound pecan halves
• 1 cup white sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.