Senior Center News
February 14, 2018
The Senior Center would like to remind everyone to call in your to go orders by 10:30 a.m. to 378-2405.
Wednesday, February 14 - There is a Board Meeting at 10:00 a.m.
This weeks menus:
Thursday, February 15- Hamburger Mac Soup, Cottage cheese, and rolls.
Friday, February 16- Grilled Tuna Melt sandwich, Fires, and Chocolate chip cookies.
Monday, February 19- Presidents Day!- Chicken Casserole, Pea Salad, and bread pudding.
Tuesday, February 20- BBQ Pork sandwich, coleslaw, and dessert.
Wednesday, February 21- Kelbassa Soup, Jello, peach cobbler, and rolls.
Recipe for the week: Authentic German Potato Salad
• 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
• 4 slices bacon
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1/4 cup white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons water
• 3 tablespoons white sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and set aside to cool.
2. Place the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add onion to the bacon grease, and cook over medium heat until browned. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil, then add the potatoes and parsley. Crumble in half of the bacon. Heat through, then transfer to a serving dish. Crumble the remaining bacon over the top, and serve warm.