April 24, 2019
May Gardening Notes
As we begin spring management of our horticultural landscapes, here are a few reminders for the month of May.
• Graft fruit trees from mid -April to early May.
• Abort crab apple fruit with ethephon or naphthaleneacetic acid.
• Prune lylacs right after bloom.
• Stems cut off clean are a sign of rabbit damage. Stems cut off ragged are a sign of deer damage.
• Electric fence smeared with peanut butter and molasses can deter deer.
• Keep raspberry walkway clear of suckers.
• Destroy tent caterpillars.
• Plant peas and lettuce when soil temperature...