February 26, 2020
Believe it or not, the gardening season will be upon us before we know it. Below are a few gardening facts to help you prepare for the upcoming season.
• Soil tests should be taken in the garden every three years.
• The best time to collect a soil sample is in the spring after soil thaw.
• Fall soil sampling is not recommended because Nitrogen in the soil is depleted during the fall and winter seasons.
• Do not work soil when it is wet. If the soil sticks to the shovel, wait a few more days.
• The number one thing that kills our plants is TLC. Don’t over fertilize, don’t...