Senior Center News
February 7, 2018
Thursday, February 8- Sweet and Sour Pork over rice, salad, dessert.
Friday, February 9- Turkey soup/Turkey Pot Pie, salad, dessert, and rolls.
Monday, February 12- Seimers Chicken with noodles, salad, and dessert.
Tuesday, February 13- Sloppy Joes, green means, salad, and dessert.
Wednesday, February 14- Happy Valentine’s Day!!!- Drummies Chicken Chow Mein, Egg Rolls, Oriental Cloeslaw, Strawberry Short Cake. This is a $10.00 meal.
EASY MEAT LASAGNA
• 1/2 pound lean ground beef
• 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
• 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce, divided
• 2 eggs
• 2 containers (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
• 1 package (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, (2 cups), divided
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
• 1 teaspoon Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Ground
• 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef and sausage in large skillet on medium heat; stirring occasionally. Drain fat. Stir 4 cups spaghetti sauce into meat mixture. Reserve remaining spaghetti sauce for serving.
• Beat eggs in large bowl. Add ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well.
• Spread about 1 cup of the meat sauce onto the bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with 3 noodles. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Repeat meat sauce, noodles and cheese layer once. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce, making sure to cover noodles with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with reserved spaghetti sauce.