Senior Center News
March 28, 2018
Menus for the Week:
Thursday, March 29- Kielbasa & Sauerkraut, Apple slaw, Cherry nut cake.
Friday, March 30- Polock, Fires, cucumber onion salad, cupcakes.
Monday, April 2- Chili Dogs, tots, cookies.
Tuesday, April 3- Birthday Dinner, Spare Ribs and sauerkraut, broccoli & cauliflower, Pineapple upside down cake.
Wednesday, April 4- Spaghetti with French bread, squash, peanut butter cookies.
Grandma’s Ground Beef Casserole
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 teaspoon white sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon garlic salt
• 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
• 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
• 1 large white onion, diced
• 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
• Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix sugar, salt, garlic salt and tomato sauce into ground beef; simmer until flavors blend, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cover skillet, and cool to room temperature.
• Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
• Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and onion in a bowl.
• Scoop half the noodles into the prepared casserole dish; top with half the sour cream mixture. Spoon half the ground beef mixture atop sour cream layer. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients. Top casserole with Cheddar cheese.
• Bake in the preheated oven until Cheddar cheese has browned, 25 to 30 minutes.