Senior Center News
May 16, 2018
The Senior Center now has a Facebook page, they post the days menu and the soup of the day. Please check it out and like the page.
Menus for the week:
Thursday, May 17- Grilled ham and Cheese, Tomato soup, Chocolate Chip cookies.
Friday, May 18- Sweet-n- Sour Chicken over noodles, mixed beans, Chinese Coleslaw, carrot cake.
Monday, May 21- Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and fruit.
Tuesday, May 22- Meatloaf, potatoes, carrots, banana bars.
Wednesday, May 23- Pizza, Pea salad, Mega Peanut Butter swirl brownies.
Recipe for the week: Real New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp
• 5 pounds medium shrimp, with shells
• 2 pounds butter
• 1 medium sweet onion, minced
• 8 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 stalks celery, diced
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
• 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
• ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• Add all ingredients to list
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in as many baking dishes as you need. Set aside.
2. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, parsley, Creole seasoning and rosemary. Cook and stir for a few minutes, until onion is tender. Add the rest of the butter and cook until melted over low heat. Stir in the pepper, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Pour this mixture over the shrimp so that the shrimp are completely submerged.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until shrimp are pink, 15 to 20 minutes.