Senior Center News
June 27, 2018
The Senior Center now has a Facebook page, they post the days menu and the soup of the day. Please check it out and like the page.
The Senior Center will be CLOSED for the fourth of July. Have a great holiday!
Menus for the week:
Thursday, June 28- Glazed Ham, Scalloped potatoes, beans, and cupcakes.
Friday, June 29- Chicken Breast sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, cheese, Tater tos, and Peanutbutter cookies.
Monday, July 2- Ham & scalloped potatoes, peas, Pretzel salad, and banana bread.
Tuesday, July 3- Cod Dogs, bacon ranch pasta salad, and pudding.
Wednesday, July 4- CLOSED Happy 4th of July!!
Recipe for the week:
American-Italian Pasta Salad
• 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli pasta
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
• 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
• 2 (2 ounce) cans sliced black olives
• 1 cup cubed Genoa salami
• 3/4 cup chopped green onions
• 3/4 cup chopped celery
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
• Add all ingredients to list
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water, and drain.
2. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and Italian dressing mix. Whisk together until smooth, set aside.
3. In a large salad bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, peas, olives, salami, green onions, celery and parsley. Mix in dressing last, reserving 1/2 cup. Let sit overnight in fridge. Stir before serving. Add extra dressing if pasta appears dry.