February 23, 2022
Rules of Thumb to Help You Prepare for the Gardening Season
Believe it or not, the gardening season will be upon us before we know it. Below are a few gardening facts to help you prepare for the upcoming season.
• Soil tests should be taken in the garden every three years.
• The best time to collect a soil sample is in the spring after soil thaw.
• Fall soil sampling is not recommended because nitrogen in the soil is depleted during the fall and winter seasons.
• Do not work soil when it is wet. If the soil sticks to the shovel, wait a few more days.
• The number one thing th...