September 26, 2018
Just a reminder to please call before 10:30 am. For to go orders.
Thursday, September 27- Taco Bake, Peas, Spinach & Strawberry salad, and Maple bars.
Friday, September 28- Spaghetti, green beans, broccoli cauliflower salad, banana bars and garlic toast.
Monday, October 1-Chicken Casserole, fruit salad, and Lemon Bars.
Tuesday, October 2- Bake Potato Bar, and Rice Crispy bars.
Wednesday, October 3- Ham & Potato Supreme, Chickpea Salad,a nd Chocolate Zucchini cake.
Recipe of the week:
Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped apple
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 4 teaspoons butter
• Add all ingredients to list
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 18 muffin cups or use paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 cups sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin and oil. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stirring just to moisten. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffin batter.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.